PSYC 1001: Lifespan Development Sample
- Scientists use cross-sectional and longitudinal research designs to understand development throughout the lifespan and across generations.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM- FREE PAPER NOW
- Infant reflexes, such as grasping, sucking, and rooting, help ensure survival. Skills involving movement and coordination develop in a relatively predictable order.
- From toddlerhood through elementary school, children refine their coordination.
- Physical changes during puberty prepare the body for reproduction, increase sexual desire, and increase visible distinctions between males and females.
- Aging leads to a gradual decline in strength, agility, and coordination and to the end of the menstrual cycle for women.
- Genetic and environmental factors influence infant temperament and attachment to caregivers. PSYC 1001: Lifespan Development Sample
- In adolescence, individuals begin to assert their independence from family and focus more heavily on peer relationships and larger social networks.
- Authoritative parenting typically promotes social and emotional health. Permissive, authoritarian, and uninvolved parenting styles increase the risk for poor developmental outcomes.
- Early theories of cognitive development recognized that cognitive development is influenced by biological maturation, experience, and a person’s environment.
- Modern research techniques reveal that Piaget significantly underestimated the abilities of infants and young children.
- Brain development continues beyond adolescence. Older adults outperform younger adults on tests of basic knowledge but perform less well on some memory and processing-speed tasks.
- Early theories of moral reasoning describe the moral reasoning process as a series of developmental stages. Modern theories frame moral judgment as a blend of emotion and deliberative reasoning. PSYC 1001: Lifespan Development Sample
The post PSYC 1001: Lifespan Development Sample appeared first on Nursingfy.
We offer homework writing services with you in mind. Our homework help service is made to meet your demands, whatever the challenge. Every paper is written from scratch by experts in your field. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
STUCK with your assignments? Hire Someone to Write Your papers. 100% plagiarism-free premium quality work Guarantee