For your Final Visual Analysis Paper, review the feedback and grading on your Week 4 Thesis and Outline submission. Apply the feedback comments in your written analysis paper. This paper needs to be at least six pages in length using APA formatting; this length does not include images or the APA title/reference pages.
Be sure to substantiate your analysis ideas with quotes and information from at least four academic sources.
These four academic sources may include any of the following:
- Robin Landa’s etextbook,
- Additional readings located under each module, and/or articles you find in our LLS – for additional help finding research articles click here to set an appointment.
In your final paper, remember to consider the effects the visual elements have on the viewers:
- Sensory Response – When analyzing the viewer’s sensory response to a particular visual, it is important to consider the visual elements that attract the eyes. Close your eyes when considering a visual. When you open your eyes, what are the first visual elements that you see? When analyzing a viewer’s Sensory Response, you may consider analyzing at least two of the following effects:
- Perceptual Response – When analyzing a viewer’s perception of visuals, it is important to consider the audience. Consider who is or is not attracted to this type of visual communication. When analyzing a viewer’s Perceptual Response, consider at least two of the following effects:
- Target audience specifics (age, profession, gender, financial status, etc.)
- Cultural familiarity elements (ethnicity, religious preference, social groups, etc)
- Cognitive visuals (viewer’s memories, experiences, values, beliefs, etc.)
- Technical Response – When analyzing a viewer’s response to certain visuals, we need to consider the technical visual aspects that may affect perception. Describe how visuals affect the interpretation of the intended media communication message. Address specific technological elements that impact perception. When analyzing the Technical Response, consider the Laws of Perceptual Organization (similarity, proximity, continuity, common fate, etc), and at least two of the following types of visuals:
- Drop-down menus
- Hover-over highlighting
- Quality of visuals
- Emotional Response – When analyzing a viewer’s Emotional Response, it is important to consider the targeted audience preferences and emotional intelligence. Discuss what the viewer might want to see and what type of visual presentation will set the tone for that response. When analyzing the Emotional Response, consider the effects of at least two of the following types of visuals:
- Mood setting colors
- Mood setting lighting
- Persuasive images
- Positioning of search or purchase buttons
- Social media icons and share options
- Ethical Response – When analyzing a viewer’s Ethical Response, it is important to consider the targeted audience values and beliefs. Identify any negative messages about certain ideas, groups, or cultures. Describe and pinpoint images that may be inappropriate for a variety of viewers. Keep in mind that your website can be accessed by all ages and groups. When analyzing the Ethical Response, consider at least two of the following types of visuals:
- Visual stereotypes
- Limitations in diversity
- Inappropriate images for all audiences
- Digital alterations
- False representation or advertising
We offer homework writing services with you in mind. Our homework help service is made to meet your demands, whatever the challenge. Every paper is written from scratch by experts in your field. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
STUCK with your assignments? Hire Someone to Write Your papers. 100% plagiarism-free premium quality work Guarantee